• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help restore to factory specs

jeckel13

Lurker
How do u restore Samsung rugby smart to factory setting. Also how to backup data to reinstall after restore. Thanks for any help.

Welcome to AF! :)

I know the phone was released with Android 2.3.x, but did it upgrade to 4.x at any point? If yes, Helium backup on Play should allow you to backup apps and data pre reset.

If no, what exactly are you looking to backup?

You can reset by hitting menu -> settings -> privacy -> factory data reset.

Contacts should be backed up to your gmail account. On a desktop computer, head here and log in to your gmail account: https://www.google.com/contacts/#contacts

Do you see a list of numbers on your phone?

If no, it's cool there are ways we can get them synced or copied to a csv file on your PC. :)

For the SD Card, you can just remove that when you reset and it should be fine.

I did not see any numbers on google. How do I copy contacts to a csv file (what is csv?).
Thank You in advance.

csv is a simple excel spreadsheet (in laymans terms).

Open your contacts/people app and hit the menu button, is there an import/export option.

If yes, select export to SD Card and it will create a csv file on your sd card.

Copy the file it creates to your PC, then open the gmail contacts link I gave earlier, then click more, import and select the file you just copied to your PC.

When you reset your phone and link it to your gmail account, the contacts should appear after a little while.

Really sorry for missing your question for so long btw :o

Back
Top Bottom