• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Restoring backup from Nokia to Android

ajd1123

Lurker
Hi guys.
I have created a backup of my messages from my old Nokia phone. It is in .NBF format. I want to transfer them to my Optimus L9. How should I go about it?
Thanks in advance.

You need to have those messages synced to Ovi Suite, then export them in an xml format. However I am not sure if the format Ovi exports to is compatible with Android. Android does have an app that imports xml to sms but the formatting inside the file may be different.

The only way I know off to directly restore from a Nokia is on a Samsung device, since Samsung's Kies software has the ability to restore from a Nokia and iPhone backup.

I know this is a super old post but, nbuexplorer lets you import .NBF files and export messages in "Android 'SMS Backup & Restore' XML" format.
https://github.com/jdsn/nbuexplorer

After that you can use android sms restore apps from the play store to restore the messages.
If you have existing messages on your android device, you might want to backup that too and merge both xml files before restoring.

Back
Top Bottom