• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Restoring my MyTouch Slide back to factory settings (after it has been rooted)

hdodd

Lurker
Jul 31, 2012
My MyTouch Slide was rooted to the 2.3 (Gingerbread?) software before I bought it, and the phone just runs extremely slow and I think the software has freaked the phone out a little because of all of the little glitches i've been having, so I am wanting to restore it back to the factory settings. I've read enough to know that I shouldn't restore it directly from the settings on my phone, and that this will brick it. But I've never dealt with rooting/unrooting a phone, and I don't want to mess it up. Any advice on how I can do this (advice simple enough for someone only vaguely familiar with stuff like this)??

Thanks!:)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones