• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Restricting incoming calls

old_codger

Jun 3, 2011
WV
Can't find the answer here though it may be because I don't know the lingo.

I've installed/removed a number of blacklist apps for my phone (i.e., Blacklist Pro, Blacklist+, Profile Scheduler) to set my phone to accept only specific callers. NONE work. Regardless how I set up the apps, all allow every call.

Recently, I found (I think) the Rugby has a built-in feature for what I want. Settings>Blocking Mode. It doesn't work either. All calls get though. I can set each of these to accept NO calls from ANYone. All calls still get though. Reasonably, I suspect a setting somewhere that affects call blocking universally but can't find any such feature. BTW, Blacklist Pro worked perfectly for months before beginning to allow all calls. How do I get call block to work on my phone?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones