• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Right-side convenience key

kmf

Android Enthusiast
Since 2.2.1 update the right-side convenience key does not activate anything. Where do I go to assign an app to it?

Mine opens up the camera, just like before the upgrade. Samsung refers to it as a Camera Button, and there appears to be no setting that changes this. I will note that I performed a Factory Data Reset after updating my phone.

Reactions: kmf
First, make sure you are backed up. Contacts can be backed up either through Google or My Contacts Backup. They can also be exported to a file on the memory card, but I have found this to be less than perfectly reliable. App Brain, available in the Market, can back up your downloaded application list. I did it manually, in a NotePad like app on my PC. You will need to know your GMAIL account info too (email address/password).

Once your info is backed up, go to Settings > Privacy, and there you will find Factory Data Reset. Just tap it and follow the prompts. Data on your memory card is NOT wiped, so things like your pics and sound files are OK.

HTH

Reactions: kmf
Mission accomplished with Factory Data Reset. Camera button now works. 2.2.1 has some nice new features. Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom