• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringtone is constantly changing on its own

Jaymzb0nd

Lurker
I did a search and saw this posted on different forums with no resolution so I was hoping someone here would have an explanation.

Pretty much my phone keeps changing the ringtone back to either the stock ringtone for no apparent reason at all. It's pretty much started happening on a regular basis since the most recent update. I saw people with the HTC Thunderbolt and Samsung Galaxy S2 with the same problem so it looks like it's an Android problem rather than just HTC.

I've had this problem occuring within the last few weeks since rooting...I finally figured out that the app I had before root and same app after root was the problem...The app I downloaded from the Market, Volume Rocker, was the issue.
Everytime I would change the sound profile from the app (quiet, normal, vibrate, bed,) , my phone ringtone would change to something else...didn't put 2 + 2 together until I started to play around with different apps to see which one was the problem...I have uninstalled that app this morning...will wait a day or 2 to see if that was indeed the problem..will now use volume buttons to change sound for now.
Hope this helps somewhat.:)

Back
Top Bottom