• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringtones, Alarms, etc.

Ace486

Lurker
I'm not really liking the default notifications and alarms. How do I save my own ringtones/sounds to the Notifications and Alarms List??????

While connected to your computer via USB, create a directory named Notifications on the root of your memory card. Into that, copy in ringtones that you specifically want to use as notification tones. You may also want to create a Ringtones directory (note here that Linux is case sensitive) for tones you want as phone ringtones.

okay, I will try and explain. Connect your phone to the pc with your usb cable and when you are given a choice of what to do choose Hard Disk. Then on your PC click on your Computer icon and then the drive where your phone is [maybe called removable disc]. You should see a list of folders, one of them being Media. Click on it to open it up. I have another folder inside called Audio. Click on it to open and I have one called Notifications. Click on Add Folder at the top of the box and call it Ringtones. You can create another called Alarms.

Now in the left hand column click on the drive where you have your ringtones etc and locate them. Then click on the arrow beside the phone drive to view the folders and the arrow to the left of the media and audio folders so you can see the ringtone and alarm folders. Now you should be able to drag and drop your files into these folders you have created.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom