• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringtones

Thank you AMOCO. Evidently I don't know how to put music on this phone. I downloaded a song from Googleplay and can't find it. I also got power amp. So far no luck.
Thanks for any suggestions you have.

Have you looked in the downloads folder?
There are lots of free music ringtone sites,But I don't know which ones are trustworthy.

Thanks. Downloads, no items. If I tap play music it's there. Looks like that takes me to google play. So I don't think it's on my phone. My last phone had an app with a red headphone for music. So far love the phone, hate the system.

This why I'm not down with streaming. If I buy digital music, I want an actual .mp3 file with an actual name in an actual location I can identify and then move where I can find it later. I don't buy music from Google Play, but this may help you download the song to your actual Ringtones folder:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1250232?hl=en
Hey it works,I have a movie on Google Play and I wanted to put it on my computer.And I couldn't download it straight to the computer,So I used my tablet and now I can transfer from tablet to pc.

Still not having any luck.
Got this reply the other day.
Ringtones are stock, and there is no provision for adding to the list. A 3rd party app might do it, but in many cases root is required. Google Play Store for those.
I donno, somebody's getting ringtones on their N5X.
I want some...

Still not having any luck.
Got this reply the other day.
Ringtones are stock, and there is no provision for adding to the list. A 3rd party app might do it, but in many cases root is required. Google Play Store for those.
I donno, somebody's getting ringtones on their N5X.
I want some...
I'm using a custom ringtone on my Nexus 5x. I just put it in the /sdcard/Ringtones folder, and the system recognized it as one to pick from the list.

Attachments

• 2015-10-31 17.37.57.png
    2015-10-31 17.37.57.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 121
A 3rd party app you might try is Zedge. It is ad-driven. Zedge has ringtones,notifications, and wallpapers.

Aysiu is correct: any MP3 you add to the Ringtones folder in phone memory shows up.

I guess the reason streamed media can't be used is that it's not always going to be available.

I guess the reason streamed media can't be used is that it's not always going to be available.
I also think even if you keep the streaming music "offline," it doesn't get stored as a traditional .mp3 but as some kind of unknown binary file... or a traditional .mp3 file with a scrambled name in an obscure location.

There is something about the way Google Music saves music to the device that makes them unavailable in MP3 format like aysiu said.

The way aysiu recommends is how I get my ringtone on my phone too.

If your purchased music from the play store. You can download mp3 format from there. Logon with your account
Go to your library
Select your artist and album or song
Select the 3 dots and you should have a download option there.

I haven't done it in a while. So I could be slightly off on my instructions and I think you get max of 5 downloads for whatever you have purchased. From there you can copy the file to your phone and put it in the ringtones section as other members have mentioned

I use ES File explorer and put the song I want to use in the ringtones folder. Then go to the sound settings and select phone ringtone or select a contact, edit contact and then press the three dots in the top right corner and select set ringtone. Your song should be in the list.

Back
Top Bottom