• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Roaming Fix for Samsung Moment

ned23

Dec 12, 2009
Both Sprint and Verizon users are reporting difficulties getting their phones to roam or hold calls using the standard "automatic roaming" feature in many situations where there is sufficient signal from at least one roamable carrier to make a call but where the primary signal may be weak or intermittent.

I'm looking for a custom app to fix this, in particular, on the Samsung Moment. What I envision is either a "roam only mode" or an app that lets you adjust how aggressive the roaming algorithm is. Perhaps something with a slider from "aggressive" to "conservative" that will let you adjust it just enough for your environment but not overdo it and risk getting nasty letter from your carrier.

My current option is to buy several pieces of equipment to circumvent this issue in certain buildings. If I could get an app to do this for about the same price or less as all the equipment, I would rather have the app.

Any takers?

Another great feature for a "roam manager" would be the ability to control how much the phone "looks for service" to save battery life. For example, if I'm at work in a building with bad signal, it would be cool to set the phone to just "check-in" every so often, maybe if you could set it for a range between 2 min. and 30 min.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones