• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rogers and Mobilicity

tigrr07

Does anyone know if the Nexus S phone from Mobilicity will work on the Rogers network? I currently have an N1 and was thinking of signing up my son on Mobilicity and giving him my N1 to use on it and taking the NS for myself to use on Rogers.

Look for the frequencies that the moblicity version uses. If it matches with Rogers frequencies then it will work great.

From Moblicitys website:
Frequencies: GSM Quad band (850/900/1800/1900) HSDPA Tri Band (AWS)

From Rogers wiki:
GSM/GPRS/EDGE on the 850 and 1900 MHz bands (Also known as 2G GSM, or 2.5G in the case of EDGE)
UMTS/HSPA on the 850 and 1900 MHz bands (Also known as 3G GSM)

Dont quote me, but I'm going to assume it will work on Rogers.

I would imagine it would seeing hows the Nexus line of phones were not locked to any certain carrier. I know Koodoo and fido also offer the Nexus S

As Mobilicity uses different 3G frequencies from Rogers, this scheme will not work.

Look for the frequencies that the moblicity version uses. If it matches with Rogers frequencies then it will work great.

From Moblicitys website:
Frequencies: GSM Quad band (850/900/1800/1900) HSDPA Tri Band (AWS)

From Rogers wiki:
GSM/GPRS/EDGE on the 850 and 1900 MHz bands (Also known as 2G GSM, or 2.5G in the case of EDGE)
UMTS/HSPA on the 850 and 1900 MHz bands (Also known as 3G GSM)

Dont quote me, but I'm going to assume it will work on Rogers.

It won't work. Well, not entirely true, it won't work with 3G speeds. Mobility uses AWS and Rogers doesn't use that. The phone will work with GSM, but it's an old technology and it's not fast.

You can use a Rogers phone with any carrier in Canada EXCEPT Mobilicity and Wind if you want 3G.

Back
Top Bottom