• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rogers [Canada] to release GB for x10!

I've been running a custom GB ROM since Saturday morning. This is how the X10 should have been running from day 1! :)

Well Gingerbread was not out when the X10 was released!

But this phone should have shipped with 2.1 instead of 1.6, or at least updated to 2.2 instead of 2.1.

Well, at least now we finally get 2.3, lots of Android users are still on 2.1 and 2.2 and for them that's it.

Upvote 0
the xda flash tool errors out during install on a 64 bit laptop,any ideas I would like to try the gb update .any help would be great thanks.(maximum heap size to large -error)tried downloading from a different. place and same thing

Anybody having this problem try this link it work for me .hxxp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12956891#poststop

ps. try at own risk

Upvote 0
Anybody having this problem try this link it work for me .hxxp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12956891#poststop

ps. try at own risk

Are you on a computer running a 64 bit version of windows? I suggest installing the flashtool and ROM file in like C:\Flashtool\ROMs or something.

There is a character limitation. So, if your flashtool and ROM files are in like :

C:\User\MyComputer\My Documents\Flashtools version .29\ROM files for my x10\files I am going to install\

That location is long...not too long....but getting close.

What version of Windows are you using? And you aren't using like a Windows Emulator or something? And you are logged in as Admin?

This time when you open Flashtool., right click on it and Run As Administrator and try the same steps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones