• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rogers Extends Tethering 'Promo" Indefinitely

That's great to know :) Thanks saltorio for relaying the news!

No prob. Been watching Rogers announcements very closely as I await a release date for the Xperia X10.

As for the announcement itself, I'm pretty pleased as well. Rogers does seem to be listening to it's customers lately (surprising, I know). Hopefully it's not just a fad.

Yes! I hope the company keeps on improving its standards...to have great services and LISTEN to the customers, since of course...we know best ;) lol

I'm wondering if anyone more technically inclined than I can explain how Rogers would know if you are tethering?

For example, if I use PDAnet, how do they know the data is going to my computer instead of my phone?

With something like PDANet they can't (other than watching the quantity of data being transferred and where it's coming from, then inferring whether or not it's likely to be headed to the phone directly or not).

If you're using certain other types of tethering systems (like those built into Windows Mobile, iPhone, or some 3rd party apps), there's apparently some difference in the way the connection is created that they see on their end.

Back
Top Bottom