• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM flashing problem...

So I successfully rooted with z4root, and have DL cm7 to my ad card. I am using ROM manager. The problem is that ROM manager will not boot to recovery mode. It just cycles back to the standard boot screen. It says it successfully flashes clockworkmod, but then that is it. I have done a full factory reset well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, LC

Try rebooting into recovery by using the power button instead of the ROM manager to make sure it installed properly.

Also just a note u might need to flash cwm a few times to get it to stick...i had to. Do a nandroid. It sounds like its bootlooping.

Power on + X gives me the following options:
1. Reboot system now
2. Apply sd: update.zip
3. Wipe data/factory reset
4. Wipe partion data

Nothing about nandroid or any other options...

Droid 2 Bootstrap is what you need if you don't have it already. If you can't get ROM Manager to boot into it then manually install the ROM from your SD card using bootstrap.

That happens sometimes when flashing new ROMs. Simply follow the other directions for stock recovery (Hold x and power then search button on keyboard) then wipe data and cache and reboot system.

Back
Top Bottom