• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]-v5.1.1 GamerROM®Classic GR5 REMASTERED v2.2 jfltetmo Updated: 03/23/18 (Discontinued)

Do You Recommend This OS?

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

Hey Everyone since the launch of GamerROM 5 we may soon be going back to the name GamerROM, however I wanted to remaster an old rom I built that not only built what GamerROM was all about. Now I chose GamerROM 5 because it had very good potential and I wanted gamers to feel the nostalgic of what GamerROM used to be in 2015

Not only we remastered a very old OS that lost support in early 2016 due to newer versions of GamerROM Operating Systems being focused on, were bringing back a major fan favorite back, we wanted to keep the OS as genuine as possible as when the day I released the OS back in 2015 but with some new features and some returning features many of you requested so below we have screenshots, features etc, for you to see and hopefully you give the OS a try!

Features:

* Quick Boot Returns allowing the user to put in QuickBoot Mode instead of a normal powering off this was originally added in GamerROM 8, but we decided to add it to our build.

* CyanogenMod's Theme Engine returns allowing you to theme your Device using CM12.0/12.1 Themes downloaded from the Google Play Store.

* ctOS Settings now makes a full appearance in this build, here you can take full control of the kernel, however we may change it in the future with STweaks and a new kernel.

* CGS TV now comes with this build, take your favorite Movies/TV shows on the go and even download them to watch them offline if you don't have a internet connection.

* Gapps comes pre-Installed so no need to install a gapps package just install os and done your all set.

* Now Supports Newer Recoveries from TWRP & CWM to install with full compatibility.

Known Bugs:
Not Sure, Hopefully you can tell me!

Download: https://mega.nz/#F!IBAF2R7J!FuT5xOYh4MvItnGh8Lsgxg

SCREENSHOTS:

Screenshot1.png

Screenshot_2018-02-09-00-52-55.png

Screenshot_2018-02-09-00-53-03.png

Screenshot_2018-02-09-01-59-34.png

Screenshot_2018-02-09-00-53-29.png

Screenshot_2018-02-09-00-53-48.png

Screenshot_2018-02-09-00-54-03.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Changelog For v2.2:

* Updated Audio FX to v2.0.0

* Implemented New Default Fonts & Audio files

* New Google Boot Up & Shutdown animations

* New Classic Wallpaper

* New Lockscreen Unlock Sound

* Updated YouTube, Gmail, Instant Apps & more

* Added Our New ctOS®Network-Online Gaming Network Application (will start up upon each boot by default but can disable auto start in app settings)

* Removed CGS TV (No longer being updated)

* Improved Performance

Changelog For v1.4:

* Updated All Google Applications to their katest versions as of 3/2/2018

* Removed Terrarium TV/CGS TV from the build

* Added libdvm.so to /system/lib and applied correct line to build.prop for Kitkat & below app support

* Added webview pak's to /system/framework for additional website support

* Added egl configs to /system/lib for Better OpenGL Support for older applications

* Improved Memory Usage

* Improved CPU Usage

* Improved System Performance

* Uncapped FPS so applications can run beyond the capped fps rate of 60 if needed by the application

* Improved Hardware Configuration

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: timf0574
Upvote 0
Hi, I think there needs to be more done with the older roms. anything after 6.0 for my sghm919 is a hassle with heat issues, battery drain, no working vid cam are things Ive not been able to shake. this ROM is exactly what I was looking for. I will give it a go and report back. thanks for putting this ROM up.

Upvote 0
Is ES File Explorer Pro included with the ROM?

Aww chit... I got in troubles once for a similar feat with my 1st JollyRoger ROM for the ZTE Warp Sequent N861. Used a paid version of Scientific Calc and Es' Filer and got shut down quickly, even tho I thought my argument was valid (but wasn't) since I personally paid for the apps. Had to redo without said paid apps and all was well.

Last edited:
Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones