• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root ATT GoPhone Zmax 2 ZTE Z958 ?

From what I understand there is a carrier unlocked version of the zmax 2 that it does work on, and there is the at&t go phone version which it doesn't work on.

Is it a good idea to update to Marshmellow if we're hoping for a permanent root some day? I'm a noob to what it takes to find an exploit, and not sure if updating will help, hinder or make no difference in the quest for root. I hope it's not a lost cause... :oops:

Is it a good idea to update to Marshmellow if we're hoping for a permanent root some day? I'm a noob to what it takes to find an exploit, and not sure if updating will help, hinder or make no difference in the quest for root. I hope it's not a lost cause... :oops:
I'm wondering the same thing. I'm in no rush , since my zmax2 is a spare. T-mo sim, so no auto update. If you have an ATT sim, even prepaid like Tracfone, you can only reject the upgrade so many times before it automatically runs it. Another zmax2 here is running ok with the MM update. a few ui things the user had to get used to of course. Root would be nice.

Is there an official forum for ZTE Zmax 2 (Z958)? If not then where should I post questions for this device? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom