• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Boost Max +

joex

Does anyone know how the Boost Max + could be rooted. I've tried different ways but can't achieve root.
Thanks joex

Something I don't understand about the manufacturers is, the phones we can't seem to get rooted fall to the wayside and the ones we root wind up best sellers.

So I got the n9521 Boost Max + :) let's root this bad boy. Iv tested all known apk exploits with not luck. It has an option under dev options :Enable OEM unlock, so I'm pretty sure its easily rootable. It has stock recovery mode, ftm mode, and dfu mode, I have adb and adb shell access, can't get fastboot to recognize or issue commands though. Any ideas? Can I adb push super su to system/xbin to gain root? It has android 5.1.1 os

Still no root, but last I checked were at around 450 with kingroot. So I broke my screen wrestling the other night. Smashed the gorilla glass up good and even damaged the digitizer.I didn't want to pay for a repair. I have an old boost max n9520 with a corrupted data partition I picked up for $20 off a stranger, long story short the LCD screen and digitizer and the whole front half of the housing of the n9520 fit perfectly and functions perfectly with the boost max + n9521!! Although I can see a difference from the other screen, it beats having to use vysor and a laptop to use the device haha. Vysor rocks btw!

Back
Top Bottom