• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

root question

Swollennad

Feb 1, 2017
I did this root here

This is the BlackCat Update, Hopefully it's better
1. Download this zip GS5_LOLLIROOT_BLACKCAT.7z
2. Unzip folder.(You need a unzip application like 7z or Winrar)
3. Open The Folder and click Bat file #1, Install APKs, plug in your phone and follow directions
All the Steps for the main rooting process are done ON THE BAT FILES, READ THEM!!!!

If the root process hangs Close the bat, unplug phone pull battery and reboot phone to recovery (VolUp+Pwr+Home). In recovery wipe cache only and reboot. If phone reboots back to recovery instead, pull battery and manually reboot. Now plug phone back in and Launch Bat #3.

IF you get into android and cannot get root, Open bat file #2 and start from there again

If your phone wont reboot, use Bat #4 and try and enter download mode manually(VolDown+Pwr+Home)

4. Open KingRoot.apk Click The Up Arrows a couple of time until you get to Try It and click Try It and that's it don click nothing else just close Kingroot. You should now have root. If It says Root not available and the bat said your were rooted Reboot Phone and open KingRoot You should now be rooted(otherwise reboot phone and check again)

5. Optional: If you Dont want to use SuperSu Me Skip To 6 and try but if it doesnt work then you will have to use SuperSume . Now open SuperSU-Me app (This app is now a paid app so setup Google Play and buy and it will remove kinguser and replace it with SuperSu. If you can't get the Paid version to work. The SuperSu Me 6.7 version worked. So you may have to hunt that one down by asking the Dev of the app) After this process SuperSu will ask to update binary click update normal

and super sume pro I paid for and it disabled knox and took out kingroot and going to pay for super su pro and have not trip knox do I got to do the rest or can I go and try and unlock the bootloader

6. Copy this G900V_Fix Safestrap.zip (It may come in handy later on) to your SD Card and Internal Storage Copy Safestrap_Flashable_Kernels and Safestrap_Flashable_Firmware and anything else you want to install like the below rom

7. Now open Busybox Installer Allow KingRoot permission click on install

8. Click on Safstrap Allow KingRoot permission then click Install Safestrap after it installs reopen Safestrap and click on install again

9. Reboot phone open Safestrap app and Click Reboot To Recovery. If during this process you every get stuck on samsung screen.
Pull battery reboot phone to bootloader (VolDwn+Pwr+Home) Plug phone into computer open Odin In the AP Slot Flash VZW_BPB1_KERNEL_ONLY.tar.md5 Located in the LOLLIROOT Folder

10. Install This zip Knox_Removal_SU_BB_INIT.D.zip If you dont want a custom rom your done!

11. If you want to flash a custom rom make a backup In safestrap. Then in safestrap Click Wipe then Click Advanced Wipe Then Wipe System,Wipe Data,Wipe Cache Then Install any rom of your choosing as long as it is a Verizon S5 TocuchWiz Based Rom CM builds will not work! If you want you can try this it is stable. If for some reason you get an error flashing zips install this zip G900V_Fix Safestrap.zip in safestrap then you will be able to install roms. That zip wipes system and formats it so you will need to install a rom or backup before leaving safestrap
VZW_BPB1_ODEX_DEODEX_V8.zip This is a fully stock rom just like you had except it is Pre Rooted Knox free Deodexed with Tethering Fix, SDWrite Fix. Other than that all the bloat is still there but now your rooted you can remove it or flash different rom whatever

12. After flashing any rom I would head over to my Safestrap Thread and flash the latest version of Safestrap

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones