• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root

bigralphn

I am surprised there is nothing here as root is now available.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.tech...d-flash-supersu.htm?client=ms-android-verizon

Will any of you root? I have been an android user since the original droid.. I would root every phone. Suddenly, two years ago, I quit. I just do not see the need anymore. The only real advantage now is removing bloatware. Different Roms are fun but they always seem to break one program or the other. With today's phones all having some sort of theme method I will stay stick and protect my warranty. Plus I am on the phone a year program.

I might - on the fense. Rooted my Droid X, and my razr Maxx. Didn't bother rooting the note 3 - total pain in the azz for me.

on the fence about the V20. It's popular enough I might do so because the support will be there.

so anybody on here root their mobile yet?

I'm thinking I'll wait a while but knowing it's out there is comforting.

I'm thinking it might be worth rooting to remain the FM radio and Smart Settings VZW removed from this phone, though I probably won't.

Not sure if the VZW variant even has the hardware for the FM. But I'll root mine more for hotspot functionality, but holding out to let the dust settle a little bit. Used have my G2 tweaked a lot, and would love to see some goodies for this too, but so far, it's just root and the stock ROM that looks like all we have, so until we get some options and customized ROMs, I'll probably hold out. Or at least until the first day I wish I had my hotspot enabled...

I too may.... In time. Need to make sure Android 7 is supported, well.
Right now my Verizon V20 is okay, less the FM radio.

Lateck,

supposedly the hardware is there but it's hard to know without taking it all the way apart.

I really just want smart settings to be fully functional. I also wouldn't mind access to remove a few things - just to remove them. Biggest thing I did on my moto products.

I'm leary of roms for a device as complicated as this since the rom seems to be the spot where custom drivers and other feature layers are implemented. IE Rom that uses the second screen correctly might still have to contain large parts of the stock rom. difference being have a stock rom from say a T-mobile v20 with the VZ stuff in place so as to work fully.

Would like to hear more about opening up the driver set that runs the hi-fi DAC and see if that can be used to it full potential.

The FM capability is built into the SoC, it just depends on if they want to implement it in hardware and software. It's likely just a software update away but certain carriers are going to use this opportunity to increase your data usage and their profits.

The FM capability is built into the SoC, it just depends on if they want to implement it in hardware and software. It's likely just a software update away but certain carriers are going to use this opportunity to increase your data usage and their profits.
are there model number differences between the various carrier phones.

like there are/have been for Samsung and Moto devices in the past. IE is the Tmobile and ATT V20 also called the V995?

Back
Top Bottom