• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted Apps aren't working with my rooted phone HELP??!!??

thanks for the reply scotty85. well the phone was rooted behind a closed door by the employees i payed to root the phone so I am unsure of the process involved in making the root. when the phone was given back to me i was told that the root was S-off. if there is another way to find out which one let me know please. Its running stock build android 2.3.4 htc sense ver. 3.0 soft number 1.63.531.2 710RD hope this helps!!!

Upvote 0
I would prolly try flashing a Rom. There are simple,stock rooted roms if you don't want something custom. Chosing recovery from the hboot menu should take you to recovery so you can install the Rom.

well I guess flashing to a custom rom would be an option if I could get the phone to boot to the recovery menu but i run into the same problem when I try to boot in that mode as well. Its so frustrating :thinking::mad::thinking:

Upvote 0
well I guess flashing to a custom rom would be an option if I could get the phone to boot to the recovery menu but i run into the same problem when I try to boot in that mode as well. Its so frustrating :thinking::mad::thinking:

are you able to enter recovery thru hboot?
-uncheck fastboot(or pull battery for a few seconds)
-power off
-power on holding vol down
-select recovery from hboot menu

does that take you to your recovery of choice?

if you can get to recovery,you can try flashing a rom,or flash a different superuser. i personally use superSU: [2014.01.20] SuperSU v1.91 - xda-developers

Upvote 0
are you able to enter recovery thru hboot?
-uncheck fastboot(or pull battery for a few seconds)
-power off
-power on holding vol down
-select recovery from hboot menu

does that take you to your recovery of choice?

if you can get to recovery,you can try flashing a rom,or flash a different superuser. i personally use superSU: [2014.01.20] SuperSU v1.91 - xda-developers

ok so I was able to enter the recovery mode by restarting my phone using the "press power and volume down button." The information displayed said this:
doubleshot pvt ship S-on RL
hboot-1.45.0013
microp-0353
eMMC-boot
Nov 21 2011
after seeing that it says "S-On" I'm guessing that this would be the issue on why the phone isn't responding to some of the apps that require root. even though the other phone was rooted the same way with the same information being displayed. any ideas on what my options are from this point?

Upvote 0
ok so I was able to enter the recovery mode by restarting my phone using the "press power and volume down button." The information displayed said this:
doubleshot pvt ship S-on RL
hboot-1.45.0013
microp-0353
eMMC-boot
Nov 21 2011
after seeing that it says "S-On" I'm guessing that this would be the issue on why the phone isn't responding to some of the apps that require root. even though the other phone was rooted the same way with the same information being displayed. any ideas on what my options are from this point?

well,what youre seeing there is not recovery mode,that is the "hboot" mode if the bootloader. you need to select recovery with the vol rocker and power button to get to recovery mode.

you can still flash roms while s on. however,the process is more complex,as youll need to manually install the boot image or boot recovery into phone memory. more info here: http://androidforums.com/mytouch-sl...htcdev-install-recovery-root.html#post5385903 and here: http://androidforums.com/rezound-all-things-root/499172-how-manually-flash-roms.html#post3933400

the kernel is exerting some write protections while s on,so it is possible you could flash a custom kernel. that may fix some or all of your root prollems.

if you wish to schieve s off,more info on that here: http://androidforums.com/mytouch-sl...793-info-faq-root-s-off-mt4gs-all-hboots.html

your other option is to just deal with the phone as is. what other root apps are not functioning correctly?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones