• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted LG Lucid fails trying to install V6B update

portezbie

Android Enthusiast
I read that ICS is out for the lucid so I went to software update and it says I have firmware V6 and that V6b is out, so I figure if I update to that first I'll get more updates afterwards. Downloading the update works fine but then I get an exclamation during the install and it says update failed.

Do I have to unroot to update or what should I do?

Thanks

Problem fixed.

I couldn't get the OTA update to work but I tried the verizon software update assistant and it took me right to ICS no problem.

I read that ICS is out for the lucid so I went to software update and it says I have firmware V6 and that V6b is out, so I figure if I update to that first I'll get more updates afterwards. Downloading the update works fine but then I get an exclamation during the install and it says update failed.

Do I have to unroot to update or what should I do?

Thanks

Can you show me how you did the steps to update a rooted LG lucid 4g please

Can you show me how you did the steps to update a rooted LG lucid 4g please

My lucid was rooted when i upgraded. I used the vzw uprade assistant to get it to upgrade. Im not sure if it is a most but put your phone into debugging mode and connect as ether net. Make sure you have 50% battery or it wont start then it should work once you plug your phone into the laptop

Back
Top Bottom