• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted - wondering I can change slide down lock

At the minute it would appear he isn't using a ROM at all but has downgraded to root and has the slide down lock screen again.

Installing any Sense based ROM currently available in the Dev Forum over on XDA will give you the pull ring again. If you use whats known as an AOSP (Vanilla Android) ROM you will get either the gingerbread side swipe sliders or the ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) lock ring.

I suggest putting a ROM on there and if its the Sense experience you want go for Android Revolution here:

https://rapidshare.com/files/1152488646/ARHD.zip

OR

You can listen to the heathens (El Presidente, D-U-R-X, Xyro) and flop on an AOSP ROM in particular CyanogenMod CM7.1 or the flavour of CM known as Absolution.

Upvote 0
thanks for the replies guys - seems I will install a ROM yep, I'll take your advice. I've rooted for the first time using Acehack last night and it tells me software is 2.3.5 I had to downgrade like you said and then I have gingerbread lock screen I think - was looking at the CR stickie and sounds good if I can speed up and reduce the screen lag (bugs the hell out of me) and increase battery life.

Just hope its not too difficult to flash roms! :)

Upvote 0
Ok then well wish me luck ;)

*Goes and searches for how to Install clockworkmod*

to XDA!

Download ROM Manager and flash clockwork from within that (if you used the Ace Hack Kit to root, you should already have clockworkmod)

p.s. if you have any suggestions of well structured guides for clockwork and ROM'ing then that would be cool!

There are plenty of guides... depends which ROM you want to flash :)

Let me know if you want another Sense based ROM or a Vanilla Android ROM? :D

Upvote 0
Let me know if you want another Sense based ROM or a Vanilla Android ROM? :D

29bf.jpg

You must resist temptation my child!
128679892470640900.jpg

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0
Hahaha nice :D

Well thing is I'm new to this so I'd be open to suggestions of a good, stable one that looks nice! I'm all about looks. I'd LOVE good battery life.

Buw what I most want is NO lag, don't know if thats asking too much - mines quite smooth at present except sometimes lagging in scrolling I'm always jealous that the iphone is so smooth :)

Currently rocking this:

shot000001b.png

Latest up to date one - I hear Cyanogen are good, and would like to use go launcher with it.

LC

Upvote 0
If you want lag free and ultra fast, then ARHD is a cracking Sense choice, CM7.1 is good I won't deny that if AOSP is your thing. However if your going to be running a launcher your choice really isn't all that important.

If you want to take your smoothness experience to the next level using ARHD it can be stable at 1.5Ghz with the V6 Supercharger script which ensures that the launcher retains highest priority in RAM and CPU and has not hindered my multitasking or gaming in the slightest even on the strictest 1000HP mode. You also get to keep the Sense 3 LockRing screen without having to use widgetlocker.

Upvote 0
If you want lag free and ultra fast, then ARHD is a cracking Sense choice, CM7.1 is good I won't deny that if AOSP is your thing. However if your going to be running a launcher your choice really isn't all that important.

If you want to take your smoothness experience to the next level using ARHD it can be stable at 1.5Ghz with the V6 Supercharger script which ensures that the launcher retains highest priority in RAM and CPU and has not hindered my multitasking or gaming in the slightest even on the strictest 1000HP mode. You also get to keep the Sense 3 LockRing screen without having to use widgetlocker.

Thanks for the info man. I will probably go with what you say! Plus I can always change it :)

Any chance you know if this will run smooth? SPB Shell 3D? Looks pretty sweet!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info man. I will probably go with what you say! Plus I can always change it :)

Any chance you know if this will run smooth? SPB Shell 3D? Looks pretty sweet!

SPB Shell should be fine, if it isn't using Daemon Controller switch to smartassv2 and set clock speed to 1536 I think it is and install the V6 Supercharger script. You'll never worry about smooth again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones