• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooting the transform without SWUpdater is it possible?

ok good people heres the thing ...I got SWUpdater..I have vampirefos recovery....I have transform Ult Kernel Pack 3..now when I hook up the phone USB to PC (XP) it calls it the J drive & itsays insert disc in J drive..i cant see the sd card... but if i remove the sd card from the phone& load it on the PC its the F drive & it allows me to make the folders I need for the kernel & such.. ok now I put the sd card back into the phone it STILL doesnt see the card not in the J drive OR the F drive it still says insert disc for both .....ive de bugged ,mounted ,unmounted..the thing is CAN THE TRANSFORM B ROOTED WITHOUT SWUpdater OR SHOULD I JUST DEAL WITH THE RANDOM REBOOTS (by itself) & BATTERY PULLS(due to freezin up)

ps ..& the thing is I've tried damn near all the USB drivers in the androids link/ post he talks about..it says drivers ARE installed..i went ahead & gave it a shot but no luck it just hangs at the download screen, I waited to see if anything would happen but after 15/20 min..nothin...anybody have any suggestions, smartassed one & all ..so frustrated I could use a laff or better yet ROOT access ..thanx

ps ..& the thing is I've tried damn near all the USB drivers in the androids link/ post he talks about..it says drivers ARE installed..i went ahead & gave it a shot but no luck it just hangs at the download screen, I waited to see if anything would happen but after 15/20 min..nothin...anybody have any suggestions, smartassed one & all ..so frustrated I could use a laff or better yet ROOT access ..thanx

I'd like to hook you up with a friend of mine if you perhaps have a webcam or a mike?

Man o man..after botherin u good folks.. Readin & followin instructions & at least 4 hrs of tinkerin around ..i finally friggin did it...@the android thanx for the assist but i finally did it i appreciate every last one of u guys for the help ..the links ..everything...now to see how much of a difference it makes

Man o man..after botherin u good folks.. Readin & followin instructions & at least 4 hrs of tinkerin around ..i finally friggin did it...@the android thanx for the assist but i finally did it i appreciate every last one of u guys for the help ..the links ..everything...now to see how much of a difference it makes

No problem I guess, glad your problems are resolved.

oh yeah is it neccessary to flash a separate jit & ext2/4( any suggestions???)...i got Ultimate v3 & puma2 or do i go to console & do anything ....i want speed ..thanx

You guy's didn't post what works. I've tried the swupdate as well and it hung at usb disconnected. What works? Can you help walk me through it. I've been trying to root for days.

Back
Top Bottom