• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting with unrEVOkd3 and APP2SD+

hey guys,

I've decided to root my STOCK unlocked HTC DESIRE 2.2 with the latest OTA firmware upgrade...

I just have few doubts, I understand the unrEVOkd software is more like a "one-click" root solution..I like the standard Stock ROM, just want it root for APP2SD+

Q1: Is that all or do I need to have some other preparations? any additional software etc.?

Q2: as soon as I root the device, will I get APP2SD+ or is there a guide I have to follow?

Q3. I believe all my user data will be left untouched after to root, and it wouldn't be like a factory reset or so.

Thanks in advance guys

Cheers
Jackie

If your on windows you will have to install boot drivers, they are on the unrevoked site.

You don't get apps2sd automatically, mine was part of a Rom I flashed. You need to format memory card to fat32 and partition to ext3 to prepare it, I followed the guide on leedroids thread on xda developers site.

I kept all my data but you might want to take note of anything important in case.

Sorry if I make no sense i just woke up haha

Upvote 0
public:unrevoked3 [RootWiki] - lil bit of info and link to the drivers needed for windows.

[FroYo Sense] LeeDrOiD V2.1 (14/09 l Official 2.2 l FAST l STABLE l OPTIONAL A2SD+) - xda-developers - 2nd post under the title Partitioning your SD Card ready for A2SD+. info on preparing your memory card for a2sd+

As for installing a2sd+ i guess you flash it on, as i said it was including in the leedroid rom for me so didnt have to do that part so cant help there. Also i know you said you like the stock, but you can get rom's that are pretty much the same but with extra's that make it a lil better, for me atleast. Leedroid rom is an example

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones