• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RR 7.1.2 no finger print reader at all.

grick

Done know why this is. I can install another ROM and get the finger print reader I've purchased another reader and it isn't that. The ROM will not detect it or even give the option to use it. Also the flashlight for this ROM doesn't work. I've found a flashlight fix made by some one else but it works fine. It took me a min but I have this ROM running fine outside the small problems with met Magisk man 7.3.1 and magisk 19.3 really I've done nothing but proper install and I can't figure out if I did something wrong with flashing this ROM so hit me back with some ideas on what is up with this. If these two small details can be fixed this is by far the best ROM. It will be perfect.

I'm afraid that what you've written isn't very clear. Please tell me if I've understood this correctly:

You've installed some ROM, and I think the fingerprint reader and flashlight aren't working. You've tried replacing the fingerprint reader and that doesn't work (I don't know whether it fails the same way as the original or worse). You have a flashlight fix from someone and that works (though you say "but", which would normally preceed saying that it doesn't). And then there's something about Magisk problems, but nothing about what those problems are. You say you've done the "proper" install, but don't say what you did, which makes it impossible to know whether you did anything wrong. And I'm guessing that the subject line is the name of the ROM (I don't know ZTE ROMs at all, but if asking for help with a ROM it's generally a good idea to say which ROM you are using).

I'll be honest, if I installed a ROM and the fingerprint reader didn't work I'd certainly not buy another fingerprint reader: I'd know that the ROM was faulty and would find a different ROM. I doubt that anyone except the ROM developer can help you with that one.

I'm afraid that what you've written isn't very clear. Please tell me if I've understood this correctly:

You've installed some ROM, and I think the fingerprint reader and flashlight aren't working. You've tried replacing the fingerprint reader and that doesn't work (I don't know whether it fails the same way as the original or worse). You have a flashlight fix from someone and that works (though you say 'but', which would normally preceed saying that it doesn't). And then there's something about Magisk problems, but nothing about what those problems are. You say you've done the 'proper' install, but don't say what you did, which makes it impossible to know whether you did anything wrong. And I'm guessing that the subject line is the name of the ROM (I don't know ZTE ROMs at all, but if asking for help with a ROM it's generally a good idea to say which ROM you are using).

I'll be honest, if I installed a ROM and the fingerprint reader didn't work I'd certainly not buy another fingerprint reader: I'd know that the ROM was faulty and would find a different ROM. I doubt that anyone except the ROM developer can help you with that one.

Okay I admit I went on a ROM flashing spree and I've found out you can't erase everything on this zte z981 but so many times. I remember this ROM working the first time I installed it cause one of the problems I had with backup was the fingerprint being wrong if I restored with my print in the backup. This device I'm using now is a zte z981. It isn't the same one I was using. The original one I had won't even come back on because of a faulty charge board. That's another story. This device has the same issue with only this ROM. I'm wondering if the ROM file I have is corrupt or something cause it acts like it doesn't even have a fingerprint reader. Like the kernel inst even picking it up on boot. Or that's what I gather based on how Linux works or android for this phone.

Okay I admit I went on a ROM flashing spree and I've found out you can't erase everything on this zte z981 but so many times. I remember this ROM working the first time I installed it cause one of the problems I had with backup was the fingerprint being wrong if I restored with my print in the backup. This device I'm using now is a zte z981. It isn't the same one I was using. The original one I had won't even come back on because of a faulty charge board. That's another story. This device has the same issue with only this ROM. I'm wondering if the ROM file I have is corrupt or something cause it acts like it doesn't even have a fingerprint reader. Like the kernel inst even picking it up on boot. Or that's what I gather based on how Linux works or android for this phone.

On and the ROM is listed at the top. Rez remix 7.1.2

Back
Top Bottom