• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S Voice with Bluetooth is useless

Volt9000

I've been playing around with my S3 and found S Voice. While not as accurate as iPhone's Siri, it seems to do a decent job.

Problem is, when my phone is paired with my car, S Voice is absolutely useless. I double-click the home button to bring up S Voice, but when I speak, nothing happens. My voice doesn't even register. Normally, when my phone isn't paired and S Voice is waiting for input, I can see the "sound level indicator" in the mic button background fluttering as I speak, indicating that it hears me. But when paired with my car, this is completely flat, indicating that it's not getting anything I say.

What's going on? Am I missing something obvious?

i have conneted to my bluetooth in the car and s voice works great i just press the call button on the bluetooth and it brings up s voice and takes the input from the bluetooth and not the phone directly.

i have conneted to my bluetooth in the car and s voice works great i just press the call button on the bluetooth and it brings up s voice and takes the input from the bluetooth and not the phone directly.

Hmm yes, that will work, but the problem is my car has its own built-in voice dial system. This means when I press the call button, it activates my car's dialler, and asks me for the name to dial. I can call this way, but what if I want S Voice to do something else, such as check my calender or send a text message?

Back
Top Bottom