• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S5 broken screen - using HDMI/OTG cable - mouse won't work

paulfoel

Lurker
Broken screen. When I connect to Kies it wont allow me access because its locked of course.

I've bought a HDMI/OUT cable. Connected phone charger to power it, hdmi to TV, usb to mouse, and connector to phone.

Good news is I get a display on the TV. BUT the mouse won't work. If I disconnect HDMI the mouse lights up (but of course then I cant see the screen!). It as if theres not enough power to run both HDMI output and mouse at the same time. Any ideas?

Impossible to do the unlock code when I cant see the screen. Once I can unlock then I can set USB debugging to on and disable the lock. Then I can go back to Kies.

I suppose. You mean mouse connected to hub, connected to adaptor.

Always assuming that the adaptor/phone then is able to find the mouse via the hub. And I dont have a hub so would have to buy one.

Respectfully - Is this something that you've tried and works or just think it might work?

Hi, I have same problem and unfortunately could not resolve it yet. Could you please advise if you found solution how to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom