• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S6 Keyboard Issue - changing to emoticon keyboard, diff words & returning down

rockluvva

Mar 20, 2012
I have a feeling I'm the only person with this problem.

I had the S6 Edge, unrooted (tried it once & bricked it). The Samsung & Google keyboards typed odd words that I hadn't typed & seemed to return down a line while I'm typing & hadn't gone anywhere near any enter key. Those 2 were tried after I tried the Swiftkey keyboard (which I've used before & love) & when I'd type (mainly) an 'e' or most of the characters on the left side of the keyboard, it looked like it was "sticking" (the particular key would stay highlighted) & would change the whole keyboard to the emoticon keyboard. I thought maybe it was S6 Edge specific & didn't really like the shape of the Edge anyway, so changed to the S6. It is not rooted either, (I'm still not confident enough to attempt it).

Same problem.

I can't find anyone else who's had any problems like this on their S6. Am I unique? & has anyone ANY ideas what I can do to fix this? I've been onto Switfkey, who say they have lag problems, but I've not seen anyone else with this changing-to-emoticon-keyboard problem, or returning down a line when typing on the Samsung or Google keyboards.

I'm wondering if it's a glitch with something I have on my phone, but I can't see what, since it's only the keyboard that's giving me a problem. I don't have any emoticon keyboards installed.

Model: SN-G920F
Baseband: G920FXXU2COH2

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones