• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 - worth the $$?

gale65

Android Enthusiast
My nexus 5 has served me well but now it won't charge through the port so I had to buy a wireless charger and it takes forever to charge, not to mention how inconvenient this is when I'm on the go. Everything I'm looking at is missing a feature or gets bad reviews on a feature that I really want. I don't want to go bigger and a lot of the new well-reviewed phones are really big. One phone that has almost everything I'm looking for (expandable memory, unlocked, great camera, mid-size, wireless charging capability, more than 2 gb ram) is the S7. I would prefer a rootable phone but that's not a dealbreaker if it has the features I would use that require rooting (mainly being able to backup and restore easily) then I could live with a stock phone.

The only thing holding me back is the price. My GNex lasted about 2 yrs but was still working fine when I replaced it with the Nexus 5. That one has lasted just over 2 yrs. I'm just lucky that it has the wireless charge capability or I'd be screwed.

Back