• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

samsung acclaim android uscelluar

hello, i bought a samsung acclaim from uscc and i love the android market and stuff about the phone but when i try to go to touch.facebook.com it wont let me log in i get to the log in screen then i type in my info press login and it brings me back to the login screen it wont let me view the webpage, is there soemthing wrong? is there an update out there somewhere??? please help me

Facebook can be a little weird. I know I had a similar problem with using the Facebook App that comes on the phone (Which in my opinion is better than going to touch.facebook.com) Anyways, it turns out Facebook disabled my account because they thought someone was hacking it from an 'Unknown Location'. So I had to get on Facebook.com on my home computer and answer a bunch of questions and it let my Android phone log in.

Okay...

1. The login on touch.facebook.com is pretty much broken for everybody at least some of the time. Yeah, it sucks. What you do is, click Full Site or something down at the bottom, log in on the "real" Facebook, and then browse back to the lite version of Facebook Mobile.

2. The full version of the mobile site is a bit trickier to find. I'm sure there's an easier way, but I rarely see it. It's basically what the mobile site should be, but I think the lite mobile site (the one you probably see the most at touch.facebook.com) is easier for newbies.

3. The Facebook app sucks until you update it. Just look for Facebook For Android by Facebook on the Market. It'll act like a new app until you install it -- and it'll port all your settings to the new version.

4. But even better than Facebook in the browser and the app is TweetDeck, especially if you also have a Twitter. And it manages multiple accounts as well (at least for Twitter).

if you go to the desktop version of the page. type in your info and click remember me, a lot of times after a little playing it will let you use the touch page without many problem. sometimes it still seems slower than the mobile version but if you insist on using the browser versus the app that worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom