• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Avant for Metropcs with paid tether

radford

I just signed up for the default tether for metropcs for $5 a month. Anyone had any throttling or limit issues with the $60 a month unlimited plan. Previously I used an LG with a generic tether app, no trouble with limits but the browser user agent had to be spoofed on my laptop. At this point it's worth $5 to stop reconfiguring the browser and use my 3DS on the same tether.

Any thoughts or answers?

I just signed up for the default tether for metropcs for $5 a month. Anyone had any throttling or limit issues with the $60 a month unlimited plan. Previously I used an LG with a generic tether app, no trouble with limits but the browser user agent had to be spoofed on my laptop. At this point it's worth $5 to stop reconfiguring the browser and use my 3DS on the same tether.

Any thoughts or answers?
Just get root :3 for free tethering. :P

doubledogdare610 what is the exact name, " root :3 " ? and where can i get it?

thanks Eto

This thread is old and predates the changes to Metro's plans that now include free tethering, so you don't need an extra app if you are on Metro. There are limits on the amount of data you can tether per month depending on what plan you have, but you no longer have to pay extra for the tethering option.

Fox, MetroPCS charges $5 more per month to tether my Samsung Avant to my Laptop!

and that is as of 08/01/16!

Back
Top Bottom