• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung devices turning off simultaneously

Uber-Duper

Security / Vulnerability Issue with Samsung devices..

Hey People,

I awoke this morning at about 6:50am, bizarrely, before my alarm was meant to wake me at 7:15am.

Reached for my Galaxy S3 to check the time, and discovered it had turned itself off in the night, even though it was on charge.

So, I turned it back on and checked the battery meter - 99%... odd.

I didn't think much of it, as this had occurred once before, and I put it down to some kind of glitch.

After making some tea and walking to the living room, I picked up my Galaxy Note 10.1, and discovered that it also had autonomously turned itself off in the night... :mad::mad:

My Pipo M8 tablet was still on, so the only thing that I could link the turning off of two independent Samsung devices, is the Samsung account.

It is a bit concerning that someone is walking around with the ability to shut down Samsung devices.

If anyone has had a similar experience, please post below.

Mine has never turned off by itself in the year I've owned it so I don't think it's a problem with all Samsung's. I'll move this over to the main gs3 forum where others may have experienced something similar:)

Back
Top Bottom