• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung Galaxy Avant twrp recovery...?

Ryan1976

I think I've rooted my avant and I'm trying to install twrp recovery I run through the steps in Odin everything seems fine Odin says Pass, I boot into download mode and the stock recovery shows up...what am I doing wrong..? the program I rooted with was CF-auto root, I do have SUPER SU in my device so I'm assuming I did root it right...? Any advise would be great

Uncheck auto reboot in Odin. Load the Twrp tar, press start.
Once it says pass, unplug the phone and remove the battery.

Then reinsert the battery and hold volume up, home and power.

Hi seriously thanks for getting back to me I thought that would have done it but again everything seems to work got the "pass" in Odin then boot into download on my phone it just goes into stock....recovery it's weird because I have watched tutorials and read up on doing it and It seems like it works, I don't get any signs that I'm doing anything wrong it just doesn't work I've been doing it for 4 days, anyhow I seriously appreciate you getting back to me

Are you letting it boot up when you are doing the battery pull, if so don't.
Where did you get Twrp is it the one by shabbypenguin on this forum?

What's the android version & build number?

I'm at work replying so i will answer it just might take a bit

Screenshot_2016-03-21-23-31-44.png

That's another thing...supersu was on my phone as an app. I opened it it said the apps installing if it takes more than 5 minutes reboot and try again. I rebooted and Supersu is gone. I've flashed cf-auto root, and it doesn't show up again. Basically it disappeared.

When I try ed to install superSu it said wait 5 min if it doesn't install reboot I did That and superSu was gone. Even after reflashing cf-auto root it doesn't show up as an app and can't find it on my phone anymore

I rarely use CF auto root...
There is a Twrp on this forum that works perfectly.

Google search Twrp Galaxy Avant.
Then add the last three of the build number.

Hi thanks for helping out, I ended you using flashify, I think I flashed over stock and was able to recovery boot into TWRP....installed CM11 and it's working like a brand new phone, it took a few days but was worth it I've uploaded the CM11 file for anyone looking to install on the Samsung Avant..again thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom