• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy devices before Kit Kat?

Willabong

Aug 26, 2013
I've got a problem with my Galaxy Tab 10.1. I use a database that displays EPUB documents that often use special characters, and up until about the beginning of March this year, the database always displayed these characters with no problem. But recent documents that have been sent to me no longer display the special character ´ (accent).
All previous to March documents still display this character, but since March my device will not display this character in any application that can view EPUB's received since March.
I hope this makes sense to you? I need this character to be displayed because the words that contain this ´ (accent) need the character to be able to pronounce the word correctly!
Does anyone know why this particular character is now not working in EPUB's for me?

PS: There are many of my friends with Samsung devices that run OS older than Kit Kat (Mine is Jelly Bean) that also now have this problem?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones