• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Vs. Redmi Note 10?

Which one should i buy?

• Samsung Note 9

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Redmi Note 10

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Ribins

Lurker
so i wanna get a phone but I'm stuck between too options a Samsung Note 9 and a Redmi note 10, which would be better to buy? only unbiased answers please

Last edited:
so i wanna get a new phone but I'm stuck between too options a Samsung Note 9 and a Redmi note 10, which would be better to buy? only unbiased answers please

FYI the Samsung Galaxy Note9 is NOT a new phone, and was originally released in 2018.

Samsung's current phone in that series is Galaxy Note20. I recently bought a Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, and can definitely recommend it. :thumbsupdroid:

I prefer the Galaxy Note 10+ although it is becoming dated. My only sticking point with the Note 20 is that Samsung moved the S Pen to the wrong side of the phone, and I don't like the ergonomics of it. It would be perfect for a left-handed person. The Galaxy Note 9, however, was a fantastic phone with the fingerprint scanner in just the right place on the back. I was very fond of it.

Where did you see them for sale and in what country?
Would the Note 9 be refurbished or used.

Xiaomi have daily and weekly discounts on their Redmi, Mi and Poco brands. (I have a Mi and a Poco).

The Redmi 10 in the UK is 5G but for me it's not the best value phone they do in that range. Redmi 10 Pro (4G) is better for a little more, but the Poco X3 Pro is better and discounted, while the Poco F3 is outstanding.

What features do you like in a phone?

Good luck.

Where did you see them for sale and in what country?
Would the Note 9 be refurbished or used.

Xiaomi have daily and weekly discounts on their Redmi, Mi and Poco brands. (I have a Mi and a Poco).

The Redmi 10 in the UK is 5G but for me it's not the best value phone they do in that range. Redmi 10 Pro (4G) is better for a little more, but the Poco X3 Pro is better and discounted, while the Poco F3 is outstanding.

What features do you like in a phone?

Good luck.
I live in Jamaica, it is refurbished phone the thing is the note 9 is the 128gb version and the Redmi note 10 is the 64gb I jus need a phone with a good camera and speed that will hold me off for the next 5 years

I'll look in to it again later and give an opinion for what it's worth.
Are you able to order from Mi. com there. Prices change on checkout or with weekly and daily deals. I have a Mi 10 Lite 5G which has 64Gb and no expandable storage, which turned out fine for me, but I succumbed shortly after to a Poco F2 Pro with 256Gb, both about 6 months ago.
I'll look at the specs again of current models later, but I like their Amoled screen models more.

I live in Jamaica, it is refurbished phone the thing is the note 9 is the 128gb version and the Redmi note 10 is the 64gb I jus need a phone with a good camera and speed that will hold me off for the next 5 years

One thought, if you do consider a refurbished or used Note 9. This phone could be up to three years old, and so the sealed battery might need replacing sooner or later. So check if the refurbished phone includes a new battery.

This came to mind because as I have a Huawei Mate 10 I've had for just over three years, and that's now showing messages about battery health deteriorating, and I think it could even start puffing up if I kept on charging and using it.

Last edited:
It's tough to get five years out of a phone these days even if you buy it new. A three-year-old phone that will be eight years old five years from now, nope.
You're far better off with something new or at most one model/year back.
Remember too that an older device may not be receiving any updates, especially if it's not a higher-end flagship model.

One thought, if you do consider a refurbished or used Note 9. This phone could be up to three years old, and so the sealed battery might need replacing sooner or later. So check if the refurbished phone includes a new battery.

This came to mind because as I have a Huawei Mate 10 I've had for just over three years, and that's now showing messages about battery health deteriorating, and I think it could even start puffing up if I kept on charging and using it.
The battery and screen was replaced

It's tough to get five years out of a phone these days even if you buy it new. A three-year-old phone that will be eight years old five years from now, nope.
You're far better off with something new or at most one model/year back.
Remember too that an older device may not be receiving any updates, especially if it's not a higher-end flagship model.
I understand that

I just saw a different version of a Redmi Note 10 selling very cheaply (£119 - 129) on a slightly dodgy website.
This is apparently a variant for India and other markets which has vastly different specs so I would check it out thoroughly before buying, although according to GSM Arena this model exists and is not necessarily a fake.

It has Amoled not IPS, Snapdragon 678 not Mediatek 700U, 4/64GB minimum but an SD card slot (check this) and may only be 3G/HSPA network capable

It all depends on your budget and what you saw it for. I can see the appeal of the Samsung at similar money but would only recommend the Redmi hesitantly.

See if you can visit and buy from www.mi.com but I don't think they would be in Jamaica if they are not afaik in the US. They do have great devices discounted to that price band even with 128GB but this is in Europe.

I just saw a different version of a Redmi Note 10 selling very cheaply (£119 - 129) on a slightly dodgy website.
This is apparently a variant for India and other markets which has vastly different specs so I would check it out thoroughly before buying, although according to GSM Arena this model exists and is not necessarily a fake.

It has Amoled not IPS, Snapdragon 678 not Mediatek 700U, 4/64GB minimum but an SD card slot (check this) and may only be 3G/HSPA network capable

It all depends on your budget and what you saw it for. I can see the appeal of the Samsung at similar money but would only recommend the Redmi hesitantly.

See if you can visit and buy from www.mi.com but I don't think they would be in Jamaica if they are not afaik in the US. They do have great devices discounted to that price band even with 128GB but this is in Europe.
Ahhh ok I see what u mean

I'm sure it's not a fake at all, sorry, but it may be meant for a different market. Google"s price linked to a website I haven't seen.
You may need to check the network bands are compatible with your carrier if it's not sold generally in Jamaica. The specs are very good for the price I saw and the version on GSMArena I think may be 4G after all as I read through it quickly.

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_10-10247.php

Last edited by a moderator:
In general it's best to avoid purchasing a device not intended for your home market, particularly because it will likely not have the correct radio bands (this is a hardware issue that cannot be fixed) but also because there may be other issues with compatibility and there will almost certainly be zero warranty.
That said if you are seriously considering such a purchase here is a good site where you can check to see if it will at least work on your network-
https://willmyphonework.net/

Back
Top Bottom