• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail II

Kahroo

Android Expert
My sister was thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy Prevail II, is it a good phone or should she just go with something else?

It's not a bad device, you get what you pay for so don't expect it to be top of the line.
What is she looking for in a phone?

A good phone for texting, talking, listening to music, web browsing, and some candy crush time. And she wants to have a good battery that will last all day.

I'd go with the Moto G. The prevail II is great and all, but the Moto G has so much more power packed into it for less. Also if you're worried about battery life, Moto G is the way to go.

If you're worried about the lack of an SD card, no worries, when you get a Moto G you get 50GB free for 2 years with Google Drive, on top of the 15 for free.

Don't buy it. The Moto G is the only 3G phone worth buying on Boost now. Nothing else Boost offers will come close to performance and bang for your buck. Not to mention actually having room to install apps.

Of course this is just my opinion. But the Prevail 2 looks like a rip off to me.

Don't buy it. The Moto G is the only 3G phone worth buying on Boost now. Nothing else Boost offers will come close to performance and bang for your buck. Not to mention actually having room to install apps.

Of course this is just my opinion. But the Prevail 2 looks like a rip off to me.

At this point the only people I see with Prevail 2s are people who had a GS2, broke it, couldn't afford to get the GS3, then got the Prevail 2 thinking it was like the GS2 at all.

I agree with everyone above about the Moto G - not only does it have better specs then the Prevail 2, it's also cheaper.

Moto G is the better choice.

Gotta agree as well. If you don't need LTE, then Moto G is easily the best phone on Boost at this time.

Since the battery on this phone is NOT REMOVABLE, I guess you throw away the phone when the battery dies ?

It's very rare for this to happen though...most unibody phones (I consider the Moto G a unibody) have a more trusted battery when it comes to lifespan. I work in the industry and have never heard of any HTC One user having their battery go bad.

From day 1, I've had many issues with the Prevail 2 across many different customers. Same goes for the Virgin Mobile Ring which is the same phone with a different color. I haven't had this many people come to me with issues on a Boost phone since the original ZTE Warp. Don't sell yourself short. Go with something decent like the Optimus F7 or the HTC One SV.

Back
Top Bottom