• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung galaxy s3 clone korean rom.which rom to install

usmangta

PLEASE!!!!!Is anyone so grateful to read this fully

Hey guys I bought an S3 korean clone.It also acts as the original one except it doesnt have the S apps.

Hey guys my problem is think that my S3 is dead.Because the home key is not working after factory reset and now I can install a fresh rom.

which rom should i install.according to the online website from where i bought my S3 from it is clearly written that it that it has MTK6577 rom so there was an option the the site below of GTi9300.Is it right for my device but when i bought my s3 the android version was 4.2.2
Android ROMs for your chinese smartphones - Multicorechina.com

Here's what happened!
Please read this fully

1.I bought a korean clone s3 works originally like an s3 so I rooted it to make customiztions to its rom.I downloaded the app PIMP my ROM and all tweaks worked fine.I restarted it was fine. After i applied the DPI tweak after that my phone is crashing at the home screen it says "unfortunately touchwiz home has stopped" not only for this but all the apps I cant do any thing.I cant go to clock work mod recovery.When I go into recovery mode it opens up ANDROID Recovery Utility <e>

I think I messed up the display.But the display is fine and but i can hardly notice the screen blinking fastly.I was so stupid i didnt put the PIMP MY ROM rescue package.zip in anything.

I gave it for repairs at a local shop they fixed it.But all things worked but most functions didnt work.I dont know how he flashed the rom onto it without debug mode.SO i gave the phone back to him so he could put the right android version so he gave the s3 back as how I gave it to him to fix it.hE SAYS ITS NOT IN OUR POLICY

CAN U HELP ME!!.PLEASE

1.PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO NOTE DOWNLOAD BEFORE CHINA COMPANIES NOTE WHEN INSTALLING ANDROID VERSIONS SUCH AS HARDWARE VERSION,ETC
2.HOW TO RECOVER MY PHONE AND INSTALL THE RIGHT ANDROID IN FACTORY MODE OR ANDROID RECOVERY UTILITY.

I CANT REMBER THE PROCESSOR NAME BUT IT WAS AN MTK ONE QUAD CORE AT 1GHz 512MB RAM, 2GB ROM AND 502 MB FOR APPS

THANKS
IF U DONT KNOW PLEASE LOOK 4 ME BECAUSE I CANT FIND IT ON GOOGLE

THANKS

Hey guys I have clone korean S3 GT-i9300.The home button is not working after factory reset and when my phone boots up it only display the lock screen and does nothing except only going onto USB storage but I cant also put it on USB Debugging only USB storage.

NOTE THAT MY DEVICE IS ROOTED BUT NOT HAVING CWM
On the boot-up I cannot access the android recovery utility properly.Because without pressing the middle home key the options dont appear.And i also can open the factory mode but same problem it chooses the option with the Home key.

How can I install a ROM on MTK6577 on GT-I9300 in these conditions

PLEASE HELP ME EMERGENCY!! MY FATHER IS COMING NEXT WEEK

nevermind on the first portion of the post lol, i missed the part where you cant open the lockscreen. you're gonna have to odin back to stock firmware.

I cant go to clock work mod recovery.When I go into recovery mode it opens up ANDROID Recovery Utility
Did you install Clockwork Mod? If not, it won't go to Clockwork Mod.

If you did install it, install it again.

1.PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO NOTE DOWNLOAD BEFORE CHINA COMPANIES NOTE WHEN INSTALLING ANDROID VERSIONS SUCH AS HARDWARE VERSION,ETC
You're dealing with a phone that has completely unknown hardware, so finding a ROM for it is somewhere between extremely unlikely and impossible.

2.HOW TO RECOVER MY PHONE AND INSTALL THE RIGHT ANDROID IN FACTORY MODE OR ANDROID RECOVERY UTILITY.
I'd install a nandroid backup app, do a backup, they guess at a ROM to install. If it doesn't work, run Clockwork Mod and flash the nandroid backup and you'll have your current ROM back. Then try another ROM, until you get one that works.

I CANT REMBER THE PROCESSOR NAME BUT IT WAS AN MTK ONE QUAD CORE AT 1GHz 512MB RAM, 2GB ROM AND 502 MB FOR APPS
If it's not the same processor as the S4, S4 ROMS may or may not work. If it's not the same processor as the Chinese clone the Chinese ROMS were written for, they may not work. (And Korean isn't Chinese - there's no reason a Chinese clone should be the same as a Korean clone. Or even that 2 Chinese clones should be the same.)

ROMS are device specific

The clone phones are NOT the same as the actual devices, and as a result the ROMS for the actual S-whatever aren't going to work for your device.

Thats one of the downsides of buying the cheap clone phones, theres just not much you can do for support if something goes wrong

Back
Top Bottom