• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S3 randomly freezes and shuts off.

volsfan00

Lurker
My phone has been doing this for a while now. In fact one time i couldn't even get it to boot up and went to the att&t store they said it was the battery. Got Radio Shack to check it out and it wasn't the battery. Took it back to the att&t store and they were going to factory reset the guy couldn't even get that to come up. I went and bought a basic pay as you go phone. Got home and was able to factory reset my phone myself. Since then it's started randomly freezing/shutting down on it's on. It has to be a software problem but i'm not sure. Any help or advice would be nice.

Boot into safe mode. If that doesn't fix it, it's not one of the apps you installed that's doing it, so ...

Find your local AT&T Device Support Center. (Ask your local AT&T store where it is.) Ask THEM if they can reflash the phone (with the same version of Android that it has) for you. If that doesn't fix it, it's not a software issue, since it still doesn't work with only the original apps or with new firmware. (Having it repaired would probably pay, considering that it's not a cheapie phone.)

Thanks for the help. I've had the phone for a little over a year now. It's annoying. I mean it got to the point i couldn't get it back on. Besides the pay as you go it's the only phone i have. I will be glad for my upgrade in March. I like samsung and the captivate i didn't have problems like this before.

I know this is an old thread, but I haven't seen this exact problem. My S3 will shut off probably once a day by itself. It will not turn back on unless I remove the battery for a couple of minutes. Then it will run fine. Anyone else experience this particular issue? I know there are other posts of the unit randomly turning itself off, but I haven't seen anything about removing the battery to get it going again. No rooting or such on the phone...on Android 4.3. Was thinking of updating to KitKat, but now thinking twice about that til I figure out what's going on with the shut-off.

Back
Top Bottom