• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S4 says dock is connected even though it's not

tyrone910

Hi guys, I just want to ask how to fix my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. After booting up the phone, a notification shows on the status bar that the phone is in docking mode even though it is not. But after a few minutes the notification will disappear. Still, I am worried because it is not normal and I think something must be wrong with it. I'm using original charger and usb cable when charging or connecting to PC. Can you help me? Thanks.

Hi guys, I just want to ask how to fix my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. After booting up the phone, a notification shows on the status bar that the phone is in docking mode even though it is not. But after a few minutes the notification will disappear. Still, I am worried because it is not normal and I think something must be wrong with it. I'm using original charger and usb cable when charging or connecting to PC. Can you help me? Thanks.

If the notification didn't clear I'd suggest checking that there is nothing in the USB socket that might be shorting 2 pins and fooling the device into thinking it is docked. It might be worth having a look anyway (but if you see anything in there, try to blow it out, and be careful not to damage the pins clearing it).

Back
Top Bottom