• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Tab E Stuck on "Samsung Logo"

A

Android Question

On my Samsung Galaxy Tab E, the home screen showed no apps or widgets, so i decided to restart the tablet by holding the power button and selecting 'restart'. When the tablet turned on, it got stuck at the startup screen with the Samsung Logo.
I did some research, and i found a bunch of people have this problem, but i couldn't find anyone that had the problem on a Samsung Galaxy Tab E. I see factory resets and downloading things, but i can't do any of these.
For factory reset, instructions say that my device has to be powered off. Holding the power button doesn't shut down the device, and holding the power and volume buttons only restarts the system, only to get stuck on the logo again. I also can't access the recovery mode. I have Marshmallow OS
Please help!

Timing may be a little tricky but press and hold the power button till device switches off.
At the moment device switches off, press and hold volume up + home + power.
Should take you to recovery mode where you could try wiping the cache partition first then reboot. Use volume down to scroll through the menu and power to select.
If that fails, you could try factory reset in recovery. This will wipe out all user data and return device to out of the box condition.

Upvote 0
I haven't tried that...
What can i do?
If usb debugging was enabled, you could try adb devices, if it's detected try adb reboot recovery or adb reboot download.

If not let the battery go dead then try volume down, home and power. To get to download mode or try volume up, home and power.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones