• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung KIES and ODIN both STUCK at initialization

M

Moya Morris

Galaxy Trend S7580
C
urrent Bin :: Custom
System Status :: Custom

M
y phone seems soft bricked ::: It goes into download mode but doesn't go into recovery mode (TWRP/CWM) or boots up when I hold on to the power button. The battery doesn't take chare either..its always empty but the phone still boots into odin mode. Hence, I only have two options of fixing it or its wrecked for good.

First, I tried Odin, loading my phone into download/odin mode. I got the official rom from Sammobile along with the other necessary files and began Odin. Phone connected to odin via usb then i pressed start. All was well then it got stucked at initialization for days.

Then I tried Samsung Kies, :: Tools :: Firmware update and initialization, it went through the first step of download then got stuck at "Software update and initialization for GALAXY Trend Plus in progress...Please do not disconnect the cable." And it was like this for hours, at 0%, Still no solution. It's definitely not an internet connection problem, the phone is just bricked. Im just being patient, Keep doing same things over and over for weeks until I give up completely. Any help would be appreciative.

Reactions: Moya
The Trend S7580 being a dated model, which version of Odin were you using? If the latest version (3.12.10) try using an earlier version. Odin is not very backwards-compatible so when you're dealing with older hardware it's better to use a version that corresponds to what you're working with. This Odin download site includes version info:
http://www.droidviews.com/download-odin-tool-for-samsung-galaxy-devices-all-versions/

Another thing to keep in mind is while it's OK to have both Odin and Kies installed on the same computer, what you don't want is to have both running at the same time.
Both utilities are basically trying to do the same function so this often creates a conflict. So be sure to go into your Window's Task Manager and check that only one or the other is actually running.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yes i have tried a lots of versions but its the same. Can i restore my phone to factory settings? i dont care about my files .The only command that my phone response to is the : volume down+power button+home button.
If your S4 mini is only able to boot up into Download Mode than it does sound like the
Android OS and Recovery are corrupted in some way. Try pulling the battery, leaving it out for several minutes, than put it back in, and see if that makes any difference. If you're still not able to boot up normally or even into Recovery Mode (simultaneously holding down the Power, Home, and Volume Up buttons), than re-flashing the stock ROM is probably your next option.
You'll need to download a stock ROM exactly matching your particular model of S4 mini, it's important not to substitute a different one.
https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?q=galaxy+s4+mini&exact=1&r=&v=&rpp=15

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones