• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung: Note 8 or S8+?

ex0LL

Hello, community.

As title says, I can't decide between these two phones.
I am used with the note, altough I am pretty disappointed with the note 5 for a lot of reasons, and I was thinking to try the S8.. but the note 8 is newer and should provide a better experience overall?

Can you give me some feedback about these two phones?

Age is only different by a few months... so that shouldn't be a significant factor.. after all, both devices will have had a number of software updates since launch day.

Most people, could be happy with either device... especially if they aren't wedded to the S-Pen
... so what i'd suggest is a trip to the phone store.. pick them up, see which one actually feels better in your hands.

Age is only different by a few months... so that shouldn't be a significant factor.. after all, both devices will have had a number of software updates since launch day.

Most people, could be happy with either device... especially if they aren't wedded to the S-Pen
... so what i'd suggest is a trip to the phone store.. pick them up, see which one actually feels better in your hands.
There's to say that I like to play Hearthstone on my device, which is a Blizzard card game; I noticed that in my Note 5 is a bit slow sometimes.
Perhaps the note 8, having double the ram of the S8, will handle the game better?

Honestly there's not a lot of difference between the note 8 and the s8+. They both run the exact same firmware and the note 8 only has a 1/4 inch bigger screen. Maybe the note has a bit more ram but I'm not sure if it does. The note does come with a stylus though so if you like to use that go for the note, if not go for the s8+. I have the standard s8 which is also on the same firmware and not any complaints here.

I have an S8+. It sucks. Not a very hi-tech or scientific analysis, but just a personal experience opinion.

Can you also explain it?

@Shotgun84 yeah I checked the technical details of both and the Note 8 does have more ram.
I used to make use of the stylus, but now not anymore really.. so you think I should go for the S8+?

Can you also explain it?

@Shotgun84 yeah I checked the technical details of both and the Note 8 does have more ram.
I used to make use of the stylus, but now not anymore really.. so you think I should go for the S8+?

It's entirely up to you but the s8/+ has plenty of ram for my needs and I don't use a stylus so personally I'd go for the +.

With the S9 about to launch I would consider getting that device or waiting to see if the prices of the Note 8 and/or S8 are discounted as a result.

Isn't the S9 supposed to have quite a price hike over the S8, so it's comparable to iPhone X pricing, i.e. over $1000 possibly? So may not be much discount available for S8, Note8, etc.

In the UK the official release price of the S9 is £50 more than the S8 release price (£739), with the S9+ £90 more than the S8+ released at (£869), though of course there is now a spec difference between S9 and S9+ which there wasn't between S8 and S8+. So right now the S9+ is going for the same price as the Note 8 (contract pricing may vary, as will street prices once it's officially available).

UK prices for the S8 don't seem to have changed much since the S9 was announced (which is good for me, since I bought one as an emergency replacement for a family member last week, and a big fall a few days later would have been annoying ;)). I expect they may fall a bit in a few weeks when the S9 actually becomes available.

I don't expect Note 8 prices to be affected particularly by the S9 - it's a different line, whereas the S9 is the replacement for the S8.

Back
Top Bottom