• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung reveals ‘false’ reports of Galaxy Note 7 fires!

Preach2k

Android Enthusiast
galaxy-note-7.jpg

26 “false reports” from apparent Note 7 customers since the global recall began on September 2.

Of these 26 reports, Samsung only actually received 12 handsets, none of which were faulty. In a further seven of the cases, Samsung was not able to reach the supposed victim. And the remaining seven alleged customers either cancelled the complaint, or purported to have thrown their handset away.

Here’s a breakdown of false reports by country:

• USA – 9
  • South Korea – 3
  • France – 2
  • UK – 1
  • Canada – 1
  • Singapore – 1
  • Turkey – 1
  • Vietnam – 1
  • Croatia – 1
  • Romania – 1
  • Iraq – 1
  • Lebanon – 1
  • United Arab Emirates – 1
  • Czech Republic – 1
http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-galaxy-note-7-false-reports-fire-recall-fake

Between the signs that this battery meltdown issue was misrepresented, misidentified, mishandled and misreported in a significant number of instances, AND, in light of the fact that the fallout from that is threatening to keep any more kinds of devices like this from making it to market again for a year or possibly longer, I AM SO GLAD I DIDN'T JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON AND GET RID OF MY NOTE 7, THUS FAR.

http://www.universityherald.com/art...y-s7-battery-galaxy-note-7-recall-samsung.htm

Well, that report is dated September 28, 2016....

why is it being brought back up now?

Samsung issued a 2nd recall after that point in time.....
regardless of the whole thing being a potential hoax, it is now a moot point.

That phone can never be released on the market.... too much legal damage from the press, and lawyers that are nervous about the whole thing.

Well, that report is dated September 28, 2016....

why is it being brought back up now?

Samsung issued a 2nd recall after that point in time.....
regardless of the whole thing being a potential hoax, it is now a moot point.

That phone can never be released on the market.... too much legal damage from the press, and lawyers that are nervous about the whole thing.

Two words that say a lot about why I'm not in hysterics from threats of objective hazards from my Note 7 - legal & lawyers. They describe the basis for what I think most of the debacle is really about. On a related note (pun intended), I just received a $54 refund check from Verizon for the money I'd already paid towards the purchase of my Note 7, on their 'Device Payment' purchase plan for it. It's nice to experience the meat grinding gears of soulless, inhumane capitalism running in reverse for a change!!! ;)

He's got Verizon by the Mangoes! They can't charge him for the phone because they would acknowledge support for this bombshell phone and therefore incur potential liability. Samsung has already reimbursed Verizon for his N7 so there's no skin off their back. So, jpj has a IED for FREE.

Sorry I should of checked the date on the story . I just found it fascinating. Although I am waiting on my pre-ordered Pixel XL. My Note 7 is still working like a champ with No issues. The Note 7 is still the best phone of the year Period!! Funny no more issues or reports after the recall. Note 7 Rebel!!! ;)

He's got Verizon by the Mangoes! They can't charge him for the phone because they would acknowledge support for this bombshell phone and therefore incur potential liability. Samsung has already reimbursed Verizon for his N7 so there's no skin off their back. So, jpj has a IED for FREE.

Free top of the line features? Yes!! :)

IED? Hardly. NONE of the incidents were Note 7's *exploding* (eye roll)......

Batteries shorting and melting down spectacularly? Yes. But not,

!!!**!!EXPLODING!!**!!!

haha!!

Back
Top Bottom