• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Transform Digitizer Replacing/Take Apart

rjhamh

Lurker
Help! I'm trying to replace the digitizer on my daughters Transform, I'm close but need help.
I have everything disassembled EXCEPT now I'm stuck at removing the sliding front from the main part.
There are 2 ribbon cables on either side of the large black ribbon cable, should the smaller 2 ribbons come off too?
Then what?
I don't see what else is holding it on?

I've searched online & Youtube

Help! I'm trying to replace the digitizer on my daughters Transform, I'm close but need help.
I have everything disassembled EXCEPT now I'm stuck at removing the sliding front from the main part.
There are 2 ribbon cables on either side of the large black ribbon cable, should the smaller 2 ribbons come off too?
Then what?
I don't see what else is holding it on?

I've searched online & Youtube

why would u need to switch out the digitizer? if it's cause your touch screen doesn't work then you should of taken it to sprint and had it repaired for 35$... thats what I did. But that's with the assumption that the digitizer cost more than that.

My so dropped mine on the concrete and shattered the glass part of the touch screen. I don't have any insurance on the phone and will have to replace the glass digitizer my self. if anyone finds a video on how to do this on a Transform please email me a jmoore4175@gmail.com. I need any help I can get on how to do this. It looks like it will be very complicated. Thanks in advanced for any help.

Back
Top Bottom