• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Satellite Navigation

Last summer a neighbour emigrated to Oz and he gave me his mobile phone. I used it until recently when it went dead. I could use the navigation as it had a iGO mini SD Card but preferred my 5" device with iGO.

Purchased a 'Young', and thanks to advice from here I am up and running OK. I thought I may as well insert the iGO card and have phone as a back-up in case main one ever seizes up.

Inserted card and hit install when I was greeted with something like 'Can only install software which has been downloaded to the phone'. I found and un-ticked a box which would allow installation. All going well and suddenly 'Insert SD Card'. But the card is already in place. Tried 3 times with same result.

I can't think of another way as iGO is locked to the card, so I can't copy to my HD and try to install from there. (I can but can only copy back to original card).

Could someone kindly tell me where I am going wrong and how I should be doing it?

Thanks.
George

Found out where I was going wrong, all now installed ok.

However, although the resolution of my software is 320x240, which is the resolution of the YOUNG, on tapping the iGO icon it shows

'User Interface resolution not supported or compatible skin cannot be found'.

It's looking for 320x455 resolution.

Any ideas please?

Back
Top Bottom