• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Saving words

Zophar13

Lurker
Nov 17, 2015
Ok, so I've been trying to figure this out for awhile, and I've somehow accidentally done it a few times, so I know the option is there, but how does one quick save new words into the dictionary? When I type a new word, I can click on it to make it stick for just the one time, but I haven't figured out how to save it so it's in the dictionary from now on. Can anyone enlighten me as to what I'm missing? Thank you.

Ok, so I've been trying to figure this out for awhile, and I've somehow accidentally done it a few times, so I know the option is there, but how does one quick save new words into the dictionary? When I type a new word, I can click on it to make it stick for just the one time, but I haven't figured out how to save it so it's in the dictionary from now on. Can anyone enlighten me as to what I'm missing? Thank you.
In your settings goto language and input, then personal dictionary, then add your personal words

Upvote 0
OK so from what I've figured out is that certain places u type at (ex: messaging) will allow u to do this by typing the word that's not in the dictionary, spacing, then when u c the red underline underneath the word just tap on it then it will give u more suggestions and ask you if u want to save the word or delete it, also I hear Swift key is easier but I still like my default keyboard in cm12.1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones