• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Alerts?

CnastyU

Lurker
Sorry if this is possibly in the wrong section but Im a Droid newb but loving my S3 :D

I have a couple questions:

1. Is there a way to have a text or email preview when received on the main screen when the phone is locked? I do miss this a lot about my iPhone. I hate having to unlock the phone just to see a pointless email.

2. Is there a way to control Pandora/Slacker from the lock screen when the phone is locked instead of going into the actual app? (miss this too from my iphone)

Still trying to learn all the ins and outs of the Droid phone and miss these features coming from my iPhone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not by using the default lockscreen. If you use a third-party lockscreen like Widgetlocker you can. It allows you to put any widget you want on your lockscreen.

Not by using the default lockscreen. If you use a third-party lockscreen like Widgetlocker you can. It allows you to put any widget you want on your lockscreen.

Do you know if this can be used if you are using a lock on the lock screen?

I cant have my main screen unlocked due to encryption by work so I wonder if it can bypass that for widgets?

Yes, you still have a lock on the lockscreen and still have widgets you can interact with while the phone is still locked.

Back
Top Bottom