• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen not responding to touch.

Hello,

On Friday my screen stopped working. The phone starts fine and I am getting incoming calls, texts, and notifications but it doesn't accept any touch input so I get to the lock screen and can't get into the phone.

It fell in some water a week or so ago but I dried it out and it had been operating just fine. On Friday, I was making along drive so I was using it to make some end of the week calls. I finished them and had it charging then it stopped working an hour or so later.

It was sitting face up on my leg and was getting a fair amount of sun but the phone never alerted me that it was overheating.

I've tried removing the battery and SIM card as I saw that advised on another site. I recently updated Spotify so I tried loading it without the SD card thinking that may have been a problem somehow. I have been toying with the idea of a factory reset but there are some files on it I'd like to retrieve and my computer is not reading it as a mass storage device when I have it connected.

Any thoughts would be very appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom