• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen pixels missing or dark?

Mar

Hi again. So i replaced my phone which was freezing at the lockscreen. While testing the new phone I noticed that the left side of the screen near the bezel was slightly thicker than the right side. I was wondering if this is the case for everyone? It looks like a whole vertical line of pixels is just dark.

I used the invert colours widget and that whole line is white. So they aren't dead but just display black or white? It would be nice if people checked to see if this is the case with all the phones or just mine and I need to replace it again! :(

(phone also appears to be slightly laggier than the previous one but that could be my overactive imagination)

Mine looks absolutely fine... Which is a first for me. I know what it's like always having to return things, I had 3 replacement Galaxy S2s last year and I have also had 3 HTC One X's - The S3 is the first phone for ages that I haven't really had any problems with.

So apparently the line shows in some other phones as well but if you put a live wallpaper it doesn't show. You have to put the invert colours widgets to look at that line. But generally I have noticed that the left side of the screen the black bar is slightly thicker than the right side..

Yep. My sIII is also the same but it's most noticeable in low lighted surroundings like watching a dark film. I have called Samsung and they have issued me an exchange. My issue is where I can see little black marks/lines under the screen is yours the same??

Yep. My sIII is also the same but it's most noticeable in low lighted surroundings like watching a dark film. I have called Samsung and they have issued me an exchange. My issue is where I can see little black marks/lines under the screen is yours the same??

No not like that. The one i am talking about is on the left side of the screen. The black bit next to the bezel is slightly thicker (1 pixel vertical line) than the right black bit next to the bezel. And when you put the negative colour widget that line turns white. But for some reason that isnt the case in live wallpapers

Back
Top Bottom