• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Protector Poll.

Do you use a screen protector to protect the screen of the Galaxy S3?

• Yes

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters
Does this phone have gorilla glass? If so then I don't think you need it. I'm not a fan of the way the screen protector feels

I went 1-1/2 years with one on my DX, then the last 6 months without. By the end I was constantly wiping it on my shirt to get rid of the smudges that really never went away. I prefer knowing that every 2 months I get a nice shiny screen. Worth the hassle and minimal expense

been using a CLEAR screen protector on every phone i've owned since day one! I cant live with a single scratch on my phone

After two years, the only scratch on my old HTC Desire HD's screen came from when it bounced off a flagstone floor. Having read some pretty damning reviews, I've decided - wisely or not - to forego insurance, but to invest in a decent case for my S3. So I've bought an Otterbox Commuter, which offers a lot of protection, including a high ridge around the screen. This should prevent any screen damage if I should drop the phone, unless the circumstances are extreme and I'm very unlucky. And, should that be the case, I seriously doubt that a screen protector would make any difference.

The Otterbox did come with a screen protector, but I'm hopeless at fitting them, and no one in the shop fancied doing it either. Anyway, I never keep the phone in the same pocket as anything that could scratch it, and am wise enough not to play with my phone in a sand-pit!

I'll tell you in two-year's time whether my decisions were wise!

Yep I love the feel and functionality of the anti-glare anti-smudge screen protectors.

I definitely loved my anti-glare one as well, but then I was unable to scan the screen at checkout places like Starbucks or CVS. It's also been completely unreadable in full sunlight, so I had to peel mine off. :( I had the one that AT&T sells for $24.95 (way overpriced, I'm sure).

Back to using nothing on my screen for awhile until I find one I can see outdoors and scan through for loyalty cards.

Back
Top Bottom