• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help screen timeout setting won't stick

gale65

Android Enthusiast
I have a galaxy s7 that I bought and have been using with straight talk. I set my screen timeout on ten minutes a while back because of a game I was playing. I am not playing it right now so I changed it back to one minute and it keeps changing itself back to ten minutes. I also tried 30 seconds. It appears to change but a few minutes later it's back on ten minutes. It has the latest update. Any ideas?

First thing I'd try is dumping both cache's. One is under Setting-Storage. The other is in the pinned thread at the top of this forum.

Didn't work. :( Thanks though-clearing that is probably a good thing anyway. I will hopefully get into the habit of manually turning off the screen every time.

This is probably unrelated..but when I booted into recovery it said "installing updates" and then briefly showed the android dude with an exclamation point coming out of him. It went to the recovery screen after that. Maybe a failed update?

I wanted to update. Turns out it was my lock screen. I downloaded one a while back because I like certain info on the lock screen. Well I didn't realize it has a lock screen timeout but also a device timeout. I changed it in there and it automatically changed in the settings and so far it's staying.

Back